Search This Blog

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Having a James Taylor Moment

Its been one of those weeks. There just seems to be a dark cloud over my house lately. Earlier this week our family suffered a terrible loss. My uncle (my Mama's brother) passed away after an extended illness. The wake is today and the funeral service is tomorrow, unfortunately I won't be able to attend either. This is one of the downsides to living 700 miles away from home. I know everyone understands but on a personal level it is killing me that I won't be able to pay my final respects. That side of the family is very small and he was my Aunt and Mama's only brother and my Grandma's only son. Speaking of my Grandma, she is taking this really hard. I know any parent would crumble after the death of one of their children but ever since my Granddaddy died about ten years ago she just hasn't been the same. Heartbroken is the only way I know how to put it. It was like at the very second he passed a lot of her went with him. That kind of love I thought only existed in books and movies. Now for the second time in a decade she has lost love again, this time its a mother's love that has been shaken. It is heartache like you could never imagine. Just the cracking of her voice over the phone as she fought back tears literally broke my heart. I can only be there in spirit over the next couple of days but I hope everyone knows I share in the pain of losing someone so dear to our hearts. We love you, Uncle Danny and may you finally find peace.

“It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to than I have ever known.” -Charles Dickens, "A Tale of Two Cities"

No comments:

Post a Comment